Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A Tale of Two Frannys

I write a lot of fiction, and publish it online. Not stuff that any of you will ever see (sorry!) because that's a different world from this one. My two (or more) personalities, and their rabid followers, shall never meet. I have a reputation to maintain here. Think of it as having a spouse and a lover. You don't want them hanging out and swapping tales, you know what I mean? Eg:

Blog reader: You know Franny?
Fiction reader: Sure I know Franny! YOU know Franny?
Blog reader: Yeah, we blog...she's very open and funny!
Fiction reader: No, no, she writes fiction. She's dark and dramatic!
Blog reader: OPEN AND FUNNY!
Fiction reader: DARK AND DRAMATIC!
Blog reader: Fine! I'll read yours and you read mine.
Fiction reader: Fine!
Both (after reading alternate universe): WHAT CRAP!
Fiction reader: (*sobbing*) Can't believe we've been had...
Blog reader: (*angry*) I know, let's both ditch Franny and shack up together! That'll show her!

See what I mean? I lose in the end. So my apologies to my blog friends, but know that you are blessed for not having to read my angsty, melodramatic, NC-17 fiction. You only have to listen to my PG-13 non-fiction tripe. However, I'll say this. There is one person who has visited both worlds and come out alive and sane on the other end. He has sparkling eyes and a smile that lights up a room.

And he thinks both Frannys are keepers.

3 Comments:

At 11:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Then he's definitely a keeper.

There's another Velvet, too, and I think that she and Fiction Franny have a great deal in common except for the fact that Un-cut Velvet has no voice. Hubby has little idea about the deep recesses of my mind where she lives because I don't think he wants to hear about it.

-velvet

 
At 4:15 PM , Blogger Motherkitty said...

Are you trying to tell us you're another Sybil?

There are some of us who would appreciate both sides of the coin. And, I personally think you are one talented woman who comes up with the most fantastic "stuff." Not your average person at all.

 
At 4:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which are we - your spouse or your lover?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home