Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Reason to Cry

I was going to post something about the holidays and decorations today, but I can't do it. There is a pressing weight upon me as I write. I've spent a lot of this afternoon on the verge of tears because of a local incident involving a mother and child murder/suicide. * IF * you can stomach the details, the article is here. Here's a small exerpt:

"A woman who experiences such an episode may believe she must take the child's life as well because there is no one else to care for him," said suicide expert Paul Links. "That's a sign of a significant mental health problem."

I don't know this woman, I don't know her child, but I wish she had called me. I just wish she had...I could have helped...I know I could have done something...

For when you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

6 Comments:

At 2:38 PM , Blogger Motherkitty said...

Oh, how very terrible. I have cold chills and goose bumps just thinking about this terrible tragedy. How desperate or sick was this young woman to do such a thing. We will probably never know. This is awful for her family to have to live through. Don't you think, possibly, that they have the same thoughts going through their heads right now?

 
At 5:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This story just makes me want to rush to every family member and friend that I have and give them a big hug and let them know that if there is ever ever a time when they feel that they need help and support that I am here. The pain she must have felt to do something so horrific must have been more than any of us could possibly imagine.

I pray that each of us walk away from this story with our hearts open to see the pain of other's around us ... even if we don't know them.

 
At 8:44 PM , Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

The hopelessness that this young woman must of felt, we'll never know. It's just very sad and it saddens my heart to know how alone she must have felt in this world. She wasn't even thinking of the others who might be hurt by her actions...her family...and even the motorists below who might have been killed by her falling body.

 
At 9:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh My God. How tragic. It's hard enough to read... I can only imagine what the people who witnessed it are going through right now.

Franny, I hope that you find some comfort.

I'm going to go hug my kids now.

 
At 5:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heart breaks for the family, friends and everyone around this mother and child. I cannot comprehend the terror and blackness, and I pray that I never will. Thank you for sharing this, and your reactions to it, to remind us all to take care of those around us.

 
At 4:11 PM , Blogger Alipurr said...

that is soo soo sad. how scary
I have a 2 yr old, I can't imagine putting her through that
I would cry too

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home