Monday, January 01, 2007

Resolved

New Year's Eve this year was the biggest bust ever. Good god, I need a shrink. Just as we were getting ready to go out, Nicky vomited on the couch, and then celebrated the last day of the year by puking no less than six times on a variety of plush surfaces. At around puke 3 or 4, his sister split open her toe tripping over some yet unidentified toy. (We were cleaning up puke at the time, so I'm still not sure how she injured herself, and she was too busy screeching to explain.)

So naturally, all our plans went to hell. We just couldn't leave the kids in such a state. We told my MIL she didn't have to babysit anymore, and I spent the final hours of the year rocking my weak and limp son, singing his favorite song, "One, Two, Buckle my Shoe", while my husband mopped and scrubbed and ran load after load of laundry.

When the house disinfecting was done, my hubby got some takeout and we flicked channels, watching a little "Robin Hood, Men in Tights", which happened to be on TV. At 11:58 pm, we pulled out the sparkling peach juice. At midnight we mumbled 'Happy New Year'. By 12:06am we were in bed. Pathetic, eh? Though, if I'm honest, I kinda enjoyed rocking my weary, sick little boy while he stared at me, silent gratitude shining in his little eyes. I know he was happy mommy didn't leave him.

Anyhow, I HAD a great idea about making a resolution to add more music to my life this year. Either take up piano, or play more guitar, or write a song, or listen to music I'm not sure I like each day, etc etc. But in light of recent events, I have since amended this resolution for something far more practical.

2007 is the year I grow another arm. I'm not unrealistic, I know two more arms is maybe asking for too much. One more is really all I need anyways: three kids, three arms, it makes sense. I know it'll be hard, but once I get my mind set on a goal, there's no stopping me.

And if that arm knows how to play piano, bonus! Happy New Year everyone!

5 Comments:

At 12:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Sweetie! I am sorry that your little ones were so downtrodden! And I hope that everyone is feeling better this morning!

On the bright side ... at least you didn't have around fifteen people watching your every move for some sign of action that would indicate going into labour! My first New Years resolution is to have this baby so that people can stop looking at my belly for extended periods of time :)

Sending You Lots of Love!! Happy New Year!!

 
At 2:08 PM , Blogger bornfool said...

Happy New Year, Franny!

Well at least you made it to midnight. I fell asleep somewhere around 10:30.

Hope things work out with the new arm. (Not really. That would be too freaky.)

 
At 10:49 AM , Blogger Jiffy-Pop said...

The important thing was that you got to spend quality time with your family. Sometimes these mishaps are blessings in disguise. Happy New Year Franny!

 
At 10:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that your NYE was a bust! Poor Nicky.

Good luck with the resolution. If evolution really panned out the way it was supposed to, you would already have that arm, if not the full extra pair.

Happy New Year!

-velvet

 
At 7:40 AM , Blogger Rainypete said...

That's funny....we were watching the same thing! A home-bound New Year was in the slate for us to. To be honest though....I think I preferred hanging with the kids than going down to Niagara Falls and watching the concert in the rain. You can always count on the little ones to mix things up a little.

Happy New Year and I expect to see pictures of the third arm once it's ready to go!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home