Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Nutshell

I started the tradition of writing a personal Year in Review when I was a teenager. So much angst, so much cheesiness. (Eg: 'Oh my god, my brother's friend/guy in shopclass/nerdy kid/religion class partner/English teacher likes me I think! Well, of course he does! Doesn't he? Ooh, we're SO gonna get married. I hate my mom.') Now, having neither the fickleness with boys nor the turbulent mother/teenage daughter relationship, I see no need to get wordy. I present my most concise ever "Year in Review" for 2005.

January: Still reeling...how did I end up with so many children?

February: Too many birthdays. So sick of cake.

March: Frigging snow...

April: Frigging snow...

May: Frigging rain.

June: My birthday featuring the thing with the cops. Pass the Tylenol.

July: Hubby's on strike! Up with the workers! Down with the corporation!

August: Broke. Corporation, may we please have hubby's job back?

September: Really broke. Umm, corporation, may I offer you a bj for my hubby's job back?

October: Got a job myself. Fuck the corporation. (figuratively)

November: Frigging cold.

December: Yay! Christmas! Joy, peace & love! Frigging snow though...

2 Comments:

At 5:14 AM , Blogger Dancing Jelly Bean said...

Thanks again for your comment. I loved the quote. And you are right. I am not dead and quite happy to be home right now and have Christmas approaching. Sometimes a girl just needs to vent... Hahaha. I hope you have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year and maybe next year will be better for you! With less rain! Haha.
-Kim

 
At 11:32 AM , Blogger Mark Leslie said...

You forgot to mention how much you made people laugh their asses off throughout the year, the constant gift of brilliant hilarious writing you gave the whole year through.

Merry Christmas to you and your hubby and the kids!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home