Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Of the Stomach and of the Mind

Everyone has a special place that they go to for food. You can't really call it a restaurant, because it's a place that you don't go to for the service (because it's awful) or for the ambiance (because it's non-existant). You go for the FOOD. Our place is a vietnamese restaurant downtown. The waiters there pretty much throw your order at you. The decor is rather "prison cafeteria-esque". But the food...oh the wonderful soups and noodles and fresh spring rolls with all the garnishes and sauces you could imagine! And the portions are huge! Sure, the chef in the back room is probably an indentured worker, and the waitresses don't speak a scrap of english and make fun of you in their native tongue...but the FOOD!

Can you tell I'm hungry?

On another, totally different topic, why do some small grocery stores sell roasted poulty with the heads still attached? Was there some concern that you wouldn't be able to identify the roasted bird without it's head? ("Oh, that's a roast goose, not a duck. You can tell by the whites of its eyes...")

Ok, I was hungry.

On a final, totally different topic, I was speaking to my lovely and single friend "Tina" today, and she inspired me so that I came up with a new word. Nay, a new definition for the universe. Firstly, you'll need to understand the following:

geocentric - everything revolves around the earth
heliocentric - everything revolves around the sun
egocentric - everything revolves around the self

Well, my centrism, and I suspect many of my readers' as well, is lococentrism. Everything revolves around my insanity. If everything revolves around my insanity, then that explains how all the Franny filters apply to the universe at large. It's different from egocentrism in that it is not my "self" that rules my worldview, but the little machinations, real or imagined, of my mind. And your mind too...am I right?

I know, this is a little deep for a blog. And all this thinking is making me hungry.

3 Comments:

At 5:24 PM , Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

lococentrism...Wouldn't that be the same as,
wackocentrism?

 
At 10:01 PM , Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Lew...I read your comment about the fish (above). Thanks for the belly laugh, but I don't know why I think it's so funny, but everytime I think about a fish without a head unless it's still swimming...I can't help myself and begin laughting again.

 
At 5:30 AM , Blogger Motherkitty said...

Frannie, where are you? We miss you a lot.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home