Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Radical Action Plan

Not one to complain too much, I stoically tackle whatever life throws at me. Though today, it was a lot. I had 4 major projects to complete at work (and the programs keep crashing), plus 3 assignments for 3 different distance education courses (due last week) and two sites to design for DreamMedia (my small business).

Oh, and the twins have the stomach flu.

I woke up this morning with a "radical action plan". Actually, several of them. Here they are, in chronological order:

#1. Ok, there's the alarm, but I'm not getting out of bed. Life is stupid. The world is stupid. Everyone wants a piece of me. I'm just going to lay here all day. So bite me.

#2. Ok, I'm up, but I am only pretending to go to work. I'm actually going to drive as far away as I can, in one direction, until I see either flamingos or polar bears. Then I'll stop and call home. So bite me.

#3. Ok, I'm at work, but only until I finish this one thing. Then I'm returning to plan #2. Flamigos, polar bears, kangaroos, whatever. So bite me.

#4. Ok, as soon as I talk to my prof, I'm SO gonna drive away, far far away. Not stopping till I see those flamingos/polar bears/kangaroos/unicorns, etc, whatever, amen and halleuja. So bite me.

I kept delaying my "radical action plan" in little bits. Suddenly I realized that I had plodded through most of my work, grumbling all the way. It sure isn't the motivational story of the year, but it's amazing what one little disgruntled, overworked woman can accomplish with the wrong attitude!

Now, once I clean up this chunky toddler puke, I am SO out of here...

6 Comments:

At 10:19 AM , Blogger bornfool said...

It's always good to have a back-up plan. but you did manage to muddle through one step at a time.

 
At 11:12 AM , Blogger Motherkitty said...

It's amazing what you can get done, even when you don't want to do any of it -- just because you have to. Sorry about you having to clean up puke. Hope your poor little kid is feeling a lot better.

 
At 7:19 PM , Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Congrats on your business venture and so sorry the little ones are sick. Hope your other child doesn't get the stomach flu later.

It's surprising how much work we can get done EVEN when we're having a bad day. We just trudge thru it, complaining all the way...Jingle bells, jingle bells. I don't know why I did that...it just felt good I guess.

Franny sounds like you might need a little vacation after a long Canadian winter, caring for sick kids and lots of deadlines to meet. Oh, And getting your business off the ground too.

It's hard to just jump in the car and drive until you see flamingos & palm trees when you have to take care of your little ones...but you can dream, can't you?

 
At 10:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Franny, stick with the flamingos and other tropical things, I'm living in the world of polar bears (-15 every day) and it's no fun. Hope Nattie and Nicky are feeling better! talk to you soon!

Lisa C.

 
At 8:54 AM , Blogger Mark Leslie said...

Always nice to have the escape dreams, but you just can't hide the fact that really an awesome mommy and mate.

But I'm so going to slap up links whereever I can to help you promote your small business. Congrats on that, BTW - when did you start it?

 
At 9:27 PM , Blogger Alipurr said...

ooh, there's nothing like toddler puke to make you want to run away....

you could sing a song, to the tune of Dixie

Run away, run away, run away, far away
Oh i wish i saw flamingos and bears, white bears
....etc etc...i would finish the song but the sleepy screaming of the almost 2 yr old has crashed my brain

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home