Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Sneaks

It is a dark evening. I find myself in a compromising position.

Hiding.

Illicitly.

Shoeless.

Every few minutes they walk by. I hear their heavy footfalls. I make myself smaller, hold my breath. They pass me without notice.

Yes, I am getting away with it.

Suddenly, a shriek! Attention is drawn to my hiding place. They're coming!

I scurry to the darkest corner just as two large figures appear. Their eyes, like flashlights, scan the area for anything unusual.

I am still.

I hold my breath.

Seconds pass like hours...

I remain unnoticed. They are leaving.

Beads of sweat on my brow, I let out a breath.

That was a close one.

Dare I make a move?

Dare I take the chance?

I crawl from my dark corner towards the light, head down, keeping a low profile.

I am attacked. Three pairs of hands and feet and very hard skulls crash down upon me.

I am helpless.

I am injured.

I am laughing my ass off.

"Honey, they're closing up. Would you and the kids come out of the bouncer now, please?" my husband urges from the outside.

As we put our shoes back on, I scoff at the sign on the wall:

AGES 8 AND UNDER ONLY

This is our little secret.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home