Saturday, September 24, 2005

Enter the Boudoir

Welcome to my bedroom. We have the candles, we have the Sarah McLachlan CD on, we have the warm bodies, the soft bed, the 2am darkness, the building passion and the sweet sound of

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK on the bedroom door.

Hubby: "Ignore him, he'll go away."

Me: "Good idea."

We continue.

BLAM BLAM BLAM on the bedroom door.

Hubby: "Let's just be really quiet."

Me: "Umm, okay..."

We continue, uneasily.

"MOMMY? DADDY? WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THERE?"

Hubby: "We're SLEEPING!"

Me: "Great, now he knows we're awake."

Hubby: "What do you want me to do, IGNORE him?"

Me: "Well it was YOUR idea!"

I roll over. Hubby's cut off.

"MOMMY, I CAN'T FIND MY MOMMY DUCK or my BABY DUCK!"

Me: "Okay, I'm coming, hold on."

Hubby: "No, you wait here, darling. We'll pick up where we left off. I promise!"

Yay.

Hubby hastily makes himself decent and scurries off. I wait, feeling as hot and passionate as a wet cardboard box. 60 to 0 in .8 seconds.

Hubby returns, smiling and all sure of himself. 0-100 in .8 seconds.

Hubby: "So where were we, baby?"

Me: "We were arguing."

Hubby: "We were? Arguing about what?"

Me: "Nevermind."

Hubby: "WHAT? What did I do now?"

Me: "Just forget it."

Hubby: "But I thought we were having a great time!"

Me: "We were."

Hubby: "So why are we fighting?"

Me: "Cuz I'm mad."

Hubby: "Fine then. I'm mad too."

Me: "Why the heck are YOU mad now?"

Hubby: "Because I am in bed with a beautiful woman and she is irrestible but she won't let me get close to her."

Me: "Oh."

I remedy the situation. We continue to remedy over and over and over until

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK.

2 Comments:

At 3:39 PM , Blogger Magdalena said...

Ah ... a little sunshine in our rather gloomy week! Chris and I had a good laugh over this one. Though we had to close the door and read it in whispers so that his grandparents wouldn't hear. It was like double the tension ... your story building up and our story building up at the same time, hoping that we wouldn't hear a knock at the door! Small house + six adults = cramped quarters!

Thanks hon!
Lots of Love,
Magda!

 
At 2:40 PM , Blogger Mark Leslie said...

I was getting really concerned for your poor hubby - thanks for giving him a happy ending. (No, that's not a pun)

Mark

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home