Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Changes

This is going to be my oddest blog post ever. Brace yourself.

People change, just like seasons change, but they don't really, really change, do they? Even the seasons aren't permanent...winter becomes spring, which becomes summer, which becomes fall, and then we're back to the bitter cold of winter again. What changed? Sure, there were variations on the landscape, but nothing really changed. The earth is the earth, like the heart is the heart and the mind is the mind. I am thinking about a few people I know that are going through changes, some big, some routine, some tragic:

My friend 'Kate' has set the proverbial bird free, and sheds tears as it flies away. Will she learn to live without its song, and be better for it? Or will she someday feel that it should have taken it with her for the flight?

I think about 'Lacey', standing strong during the illness and suffering of a loved one with a serious illness. How does she keep it together, with a job and a husband and small children, while her mind is hundreds of kilometres away?

Or 'John', shyly closing the door on a very long chapter of his life, earning himself a place of rest and healing. Will he make the most of this time, and spend these precious years well, cherishing each and every day?

I don't know the answers to any of these questions. I don't know how life will turn out for any of these people that I hold so dear to my heart. But if I were psychic, I would tell these people that I have seen the cards, and they say that everything will be okay, that the changes will be gentle and smooth, that the universe is unfolding as it should. I would tell them that after their troubles, there will be good people to dress the wounds, to hold them tight and to lead them towards a place filled with light and joy and happiness again.

But the cards I read are not cards at all, but wishes and hopes and prayers for people at the crossroads.

4 Comments:

At 4:55 PM , Blogger Motherkitty said...

What a poetic wish that you could make it "all better" for Kate, Lacey, and John. Yes, there is always change in everyone's lives, in the seasons, in our health, in our loves, and in happiness. We can only deal with those things we have control of. The rest -- will probably take care of itself.

Sometimes change is for the good, and sometimes change is for the bad. But, whether we can control the change or not, we must adapt or die. It's as simple as that.

I hope your friends come out with happy hearts and healthy psyches.

 
At 9:20 PM , Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Whatever changes happen are what was meant to be and a lesson will be learned by it...Maybe not today, but sometime when we least expect it. Just continue to be a good friend and offer your support and your love.

 
At 2:37 AM , Blogger Jellyhead said...

Isn't it hard to deal with the helplessness of seeing those you love in pain?

Luckily, they also have you to care, and as a reminder of the ongoing joys in life.

 
At 10:42 PM , Blogger bornfool said...

Sorry, Franny, but that wasn't your oddest post by a long shot. lol.
Keep me in your thoughts and well wishes, too. I see a cross roads in the near future.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home