Monday, June 12, 2006

99% Angel

Today's offering is tales from Franny's youth, featuring how and when I learned the Value of...

...Justice
When I was about 8, I was a straight "A" student, and my 'D-student' cousin coerced me into doing his homework for him, promising that we could play Parker Bros. Game of Life when it was done. So I did his homework, and he promptly laughed at me and went outside to play with other friends. The next day as he was about to hand in his perfect homework, he discovered that some vengeful person had scribbled out all the answers.

...'Relative Truth'
When I was about 10, and my brother did a dangerous BMX-style stunt jump over a construction hill - I was the "GO" signal girl. He wiped out and destroyed his new bike and was bleeding everywhere. We concocted this tear-soaked victim-impact story of an accidental wipeout with the school building worthy of an Academy Award...

...Short-Shorts
When I was about 16 and we told my parents that me & 3 friends were borrowing the K-Car to spend the day at the local pool, and instead we drove to the Toronto Zoo which was about 90 mins away via major highways and on the other side of the 'Big City'. Had a great day, until the car wouldn't start to go home. Then these 2 macho teenage guys saw us with the hood up and TOOK APART the car to try to help and they got the car to start just as the towtruck showed up.

...Hail Marys
When I was about 18 (think strict parents!!) my new boyfriend and I lied to my parents about where we were going...we actually crossed the border into Buffalo, NY to do some discount shopping. While we were at the mall, it began to blizzard, and we raced home through accidents and whiteout conditions and radio reports that they were closing the highways and the BORDER CROSSINGS over the Niagara River due to dangerous weather conditions. We were the LAST CAR to make it though before they closed the gates over the bridge.

...Disconnecting the Phone
There was the time my boyfriend's mother caught us. It looked particularly bad because I was on my lunch break from Catholic high-school and my kilt was on the other side of the room when she walked in. She was screaming and smashing things and threatening to call my mother. (Guess she got over it because she is now my mother-in-law.)

So, who else has been bad?

7 Comments:

At 9:48 PM , Blogger Motherkitty said...

I was gonna tell you the story about my cousin and I and a bunch of guys who went skinny-dipping (they did, not us) . . ., but you've got me beat all to heck. I especially liked the tale about disconnecting the phone and your MIL. Were you a wild child?

 
At 2:15 AM , Blogger Jellyhead said...

Franny, you bad bad thing. I don't think I have done anything as interestingly naughty... what a dull, obedient life I've led! (If I think of anything interesting, I'll write a post about it!)

 
At 8:21 AM , Blogger Franny said...

Motherkitty, I am shocked, lol! And Jellyhead, I am sure you have some childhood adventures in there!

As for being a "wild child", get this: I was super respectful, had excellent grades, was every techer's pet, got a part-time job at the library when I was 15, paid my way through university, never drank/did drugs/partied etc. And I also never got any privledges/rewards from my parents.

So therefore, I plead insanity!

 
At 11:37 AM , Blogger bornfool said...

A girlfriend and i once told her parents we were going to the movies. Instead we went parking. Unbeknownst to us the movie we said we were seeing was a 3D movie and when i took her home we got quizzed about what kind of 3D it was (red/blue glasses or gray) and lots of other questions. It wasn't pretty.

 
At 11:15 AM , Blogger bornfool said...

Hey Franny, thanks for the comment on my blog. Yours was just the kind of response I was looking for. You had me cracking up.

 
At 7:05 PM , Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Unfortunately, I led a very boring life being a good kid. My adult life has been a wee bit more exciting though, especially when the kids left the nest.

 
At 10:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for putting that up, it really helped me a lot since I was so sad, because the same thing happened to me (the thing about the mother) cept I'm a guy so her mother found us, we were about to have sex, luckily we didn't. I just want to let you know you made me feel way better about the situation knowing she is your mother in law now. I really love this girl, so I wanna be cool with her parents. Hopefully you keep posting these situations because it might someone else like me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home