Friday, June 09, 2006

What Sticks Out

This week I stuck my neck out, twice.
>>I got my head got chopped off, twice.

This week I stopped taking the abuse and the putdowns.
>>Now my abuser is trying harder.

This week I was laughed at.
>>I vowed to prove myself.

This week I held the hand of someone who was crying and desperately afraid.
>>I think it helped.

This week I was overwhelmed.
>>I worked harder.

This week I saw people from my childhood that I never wanted to see again.
>>My husband stood by me.

This week I identified the toxic pattern.
>>Now, I can avoid it.

This week I ate too much cheesecake.
>>A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

This week I was angry and afraid.
>>Then I was reminded that I had good friends.

This week I saw my son sing.
>>I cried.

That was my week.

3 Comments:

At 10:48 PM , Blogger Motherkitty said...

Wow, what a week you've had.

I cried at physical therapy two days in a row this week. Will you come hold my hand?

My answer to a bad week was to get in the pool and swim for a couple of hours. It was so inviting, our neighbor brought her grandson down to swim with us. It was so much fun. Will you come swim with us also? That way you wouldn't have to be unhappy and eat so much cheesecake.

 
At 6:08 AM , Blogger Jellyhead said...

Aw, Franny, you've had a rollercoaster of a week.

I'm glad you have a good hubby, a singing son and some cheesecake to see you through!

Nurture YOURSELF a bit this weekend if you possibly can :)

 
At 8:06 AM , Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Awe Franny...It sounds like you had a rough week except for that proud moment when your son sang. Good that you had that cheescake to see you thru and that wonderful husband to stand by you & hold your hand.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home