Friday, June 16, 2006

Collide

I am so tired. So very, very tired. I am listening to Howie Day's "Collide" right now and wow, it makes me think I really need a rescue about now:

"Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seems to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills my mind
I somehow find
You and I collide"

I think I miss my hubby. Come home soon sweetie.

What is it about music that makes me cry? Even if I've heard it a million times before, I hear something different each time:

"I find I'm scared to know I'm always on your mind"

On and on it goes. What a beautiful song. Click Play (2x?) to hear/see the video:

Just noticed that you can see the CN Tower in the background in the opening sequence. Funny, my hubby works "under" that, and its an hour away from here. Howie Day must be on Via Rail Executive class - you can tell by the leather seats.

"Even the best fall down sometimes"

Anyhow, if you already know the song, then maybe you know what I am trying to say. I really want to pick it out on the guitar right now as a little creative therapy, but my son broke my 6th string (caught him playing with the keys).

Just tired. Too many self-imposed deadlines. Too much 'trying'. Can't say I don't try. I try too much. Should stop trying, at least for a little bit. What do you say honey?

"Don't stop here
I've lost my place
I'm close behind"

So what song makes you cry?

3 Comments:

At 11:59 PM , Blogger Jellyhead said...

"Tears in Heaven" by Eric Clapton. I cannot imagine the pain of losing a child, but that song gives me an inkling. Makes me tear up every time.

I hope you recover some energy this weekend Franny.

Fondly,
Jelly

 
At 12:19 AM , Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

"Love, Me" by Raye Collin

I read a note my Grandma wrote... back in 1923....
Grandpa kept it in his coat... and he showed it once to me...
He said, Boy, you might not understand... but a long long time ago...
Grandma's daddy didn't like me none... but I loved your Grandma so....

We had this crazy plan to meet... and run away together...
Get married in the first town we came to... and live forever...
But nailed to the tree where we were supposed to meet... instead...
I found this letter ...and this is what it said....

If you get there before I do... don't give up on me...
I'll meet you when my chores are through... I don't know how long I'll
be...
But I'm not gonna let you down... Darlin' wait and see....
And between now and then... till I see you again...
I'll be loving you... Love, Me

I read those words just hours before... my Grandma passed away...
In the doorway of a church... where me and Grandpa stopped to pray...
I know I'd never seen him cry... in all my fifteen years...
But as he said these words to her... his eyes filled up with tears...

If you get there before I do... don't give up on me...
I'll meet you when my chores are through... I don't know how long I'll
be...
But I'm not gonna let you down... Darlin' wait and see...
And between now and then... till I see you again...
I'll be loving you..... Love, Me

And between now and then ...till I see you again...
I'll be loving you... Love, Me

Lots of songs make me cry, but this is just one of them....I'm very emotional when it comes to music.

 
At 3:45 PM , Blogger bornfool said...

A.I.P.'s above is one of mine, too. Also, "Watch the Lamb" by Ray Boltz; Cats in the Cradle by Harry Chapin (?)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home