Thursday, October 12, 2006

Real Time. Wasted.

Me: What do I smell like?

Hubby: Wh-what?

Me: I read this article saying that people in love are more likely to enjoy the smell of their partner's skin. So what do I smell like to you?

Hubby: Umm...you don't smell...

Me: Not like when I'm gross and sweaty! Like now, like right now? Just smell me! *offers arm*

Hubby: *sniffs arm*

Me: Well?

Hubby:
Hmmm...you smell like a Laura Secord's store.

Me: *beaming* Really?

Hubby: Yeah, like *sniff* mint and oranges *sniff*...and chocolate...

Me:
Wow. That's awesome...good job! Ok, let me smell you!

Hubby: *offers arm*

Me: *sniff*...you smell like...a forest...

Hubby: More like a bog, maybe?

Me: No! Like a shady forest, in the mountains...

Hubby: Like something that died under a decaying log you mean?

Me: Oh for pete's sake! *sniff* Ok, maybe a little mossy, but a GOOD mossy...

Hubby:
Like fungus maybe?

Me:
Ok FINE, you smell like a carrion-eating vulture's asshole, ok!?

Hubby:
*chuckling* Yeah, that would really stink!

Me: Argh! You're a wooded mountain! It's a GOOD smell! A GOOD SMELL! Moss, wood, fresh air, mountains...IT'S A GOOD SMELL!!!

Hubby: A good smell...gotcha.

Me: Sheesh! I'm SO gonna blog about this you know.

Hubby: Yeah, I know...

7 Comments:

At 5:56 AM , Blogger thisisme said...

hahahahahahahahahahaha...

mmmm.... mint and oranges and chocolates

why do they do that? is there a genetic explanation?

 
At 8:05 AM , Blogger Motherkitty said...

I would take the smell of oranges and chocolates any day over a mossy, carrion-eating vulture's asshole any day of the week.

What other weird things do you and hubby do to amuse yourselves (other than smelling each other's skin)?

 
At 9:01 AM , Blogger Magdalena said...

Shut up!! I was just asking my husband this question last week after I watched this Oprah where they said the exact same thing!! There we were sniffing each others arms and pondering our attraction to one another.

Though I hear that your "smell" is particularly powerful when you come out of the shower so we started checking then too.

As it turns out ... we really do like each others smell. Though we did not get as descriptive :) But maybe I should put him on the spot and see what he says!

 
At 11:24 AM , Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Yeah, Franny you're right...it's all in the scent.

 
At 1:30 PM , Blogger Rainypete said...

It really depends on your distance from my feet as to what I smell like. I'll have to ask my wife what I smell like, though I dread the answer. I can say for certain taht I'm glad I don't smell like a Laura Secord Store. If I did, my wife woudl keep gnawing on me!!

 
At 4:55 PM , Blogger Jellyhead said...

Aw, I'm so glad you blogged about this!! The imagine of you two sniffing each others arms (your hubby probably under duress, but still..) just cracks me up!!!

You smell like mint, orange and chocolate? Wow. Yum!

Thanks Franny for the offering to look over my writing entry. I would definitely be taking you up on the offer if I hadn't received the piece back in the mail yesterday. Writer suggested a few things, all of which were helpful and valid points. (He also wrote at the end, "Loved it. Writer." So I was stoked!! If it was all a big fat lie, then 'tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies'!!)

 
At 4:23 PM , Blogger Alipurr said...

that is so funny! made me laugh out loud. Isn't it funny how something we say meant to be a compliment can get totally mixed up? your husband sounds like a funny guy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home