Thursday, August 24, 2006

10 Mins to Write

Last week, it started with an ache, which became a prick, which became a pinch which became a horrible paralyzing pain from my lower back down to my left ankle. Yes, Franny is bedridden this week with a pinched nerve/sciatica, apparently for 7-10 days. This is bad for many reasons:

#1: Mommy is more fun to jump on when she is lying down.

#2: The severe, debilitating pain.

#3: My husband has taken on full care of a gimpy wife and 3 kids.

#4: Did I mention the pain?

#5: Missing the fresh air, walking, sitting, and life in general.

Ok, that's thoroughly depressing, isn't it? Okay, here are good things about having a torturously acute back ailment:

#1: The medication. Okay, it works for about 10 mins before the pain returns, but when I am doped, life is "irie, mon". This means I have about 4 mins left to write this blog...

#2:
Being dressed, dragged around and fed by my hubby. (Yeah, we lost that sexy mystique a long time ago, but it reminds me what a good man I gots.)

#3: Bedridden parenting. I can't get up, so my son and I spent quality time playing around with my bedside clock radio, and much time has been spent looking at pictures and discussing Halloween costume ideas with the 2-yr-olds.

#4: Catching up on my reading. Now is not the time to experiment. I am re-reading old, comforting favourites, such as the Harry Potter series.

#5: OWWWWWWWWWW....Okay, forget this shit...my 10 mins is up!

PS: Pity me not, my dear friends. Just send better drugs.

5 Comments:

At 6:26 AM , Blogger Jellyhead said...

Aw Franny, that just sucks!

I'll be back in a day or two to hear the latest. Get better quickly!

 
At 12:41 PM , Blogger Motherkitty said...

Ouch, that not only sucks, it hurts. Husband had the same problem about 10+ years ago and I remember having to take care of him (prior to back surgery). Not fun. Thank goodness your wonderful husband is taking such good care of you.

Take care, watch out for those drugs, and let us hear how you're progressing.

 
At 10:31 PM , Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Poor Franny...Please rest, take your medicine and get better soon.

 
At 2:18 AM , Blogger Jellyhead said...

Franny, are you there? And are you any better at all?

Fondly,
Jelly

 
At 11:43 AM , Blogger Alipurr said...

have no medicine, but i hope you feel better soon....rest while you can

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home